My sweet second niece is 1 today. It has made me reflective all day long. In honor of her precious life I wanted to write a blog that she can read when she is older, so she will know that she was loved and wanted from the very start-and her little life already changed mine.
1. "There is no fear in love because perfect love casts out fear." Little girl, I was so afraid that CP would mean that both of my nieces would struggle with the reality of what having a disabled aunt would look like. But, then you came along and the first time I held you I just knew that you would love no matter what - and all the sudden I wasn't afraid to give you my heart, because I knew that even though human love is flawed - Jesus would give both of us the grace to love unconditionally.
2. There is a right way and a wrong way to put on a diaper, and you were SO gracious to let me "practice" on you.
3. I am not the only "wobbly" walker in the Turner family. :)
4. Even the smallest things can be funny. You never cease to make me smile because you delight in the small things.
5. "Let no one look down on you because you are young." You may be tiny but sweet girl you already change lives just by being alive.
6. Every time you reach to me so trustingly for help I know that it doesn't matter what I "can't" do because we all have something to offer each other.
7. When you hold my hand and we wobble together I know that it really isn't about the destination, it's about the incredible people doing life with you. When we are both wobbly it's because sometimes keeping perfect balance is boring.
8. I call you EllieLight because when I prayed over you before you were born I felt like Jesus told me that you would be a light to all who knew you. I think words give life. The Bible talks of calling that which is not as though it were, and I have seen a light in you that proves this to be true. You are a light and always will be.
9. You are one blessed little sister. When you fight with BerkleyLove (and you will) remember she loves you and no one has your back like siblings. Believe me, I am your daddy's little sister and we fought A LOT but I ALWAYS knew he loved me. And it's fun to be the little one sometimes. You get to let B get in trouble first sometimes.
10. Jesus has plans for you that you can't even imagine. I hope you dream big because His dreams are always bigger. You were a dream I didn't even know I had until I got to call you niece.
11. You make me so happy I chose life because I know that Jesus has a special plan for our relationship and choosing life means I get to watch you grow into the amazing Christ follower I know you will be.
12. B showed me that I wanted to a mama one day. You showed me that I am capable of being one. I am so blessed by the way that you are so patient when I don't always know what to do. You were my first solo bottle feeding experience, my first diaper change, my first "get out of the crib because mama is gone win," and my first solo "baby" sitting experience. You always smile at me and it's like Jesus is saying "This is a battle you can win Sarah." You are everything I never knew I always wanted.
You and B have all my loves. You are my special light.
I love you!